McDonald's Big Mac
1 sesame-seed hamburger bun
Half of an additional hamburger bun
1/4 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon Kraft Thousand Island dressing
1 teaspoon finely diced onion
1/2 cup chopped lettuce
1 slice American cheese
2 to 3 dill pickle slices
1. With a serrated knife, cut the top off the extra bun half, leaving about a 3/4-inch-thick slice. This will be the middle bun in your sandwich.
2. Place the three bun halves on a hot pan or griddle, face down, and toast them to a light brown. Set aside, but keep the pan hot.
3. Divide the ground beef in half and press into two thin patties slightly larger than the bun.
4. Cook the patties in the hot pan over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Salt lightly.
5. Build the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up:bottom bunhalf of dressinghalf of onionhalf of lettuceAmerican cheesebeef pattymiddle bunremainder of dressingremainder of onionremainder of lettucepickle slicesbeef pattytop bun