Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Makes 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-6 hours
2 cups (16oz.) evaporated milk
3 cups (24oz.) cottage cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup (8oz.) sour cream
2 cups cubed cooked ham
7 uncooked lasagna noodles
Large mixing bowl
Safety can opener
Large wooden spoon
4 or 5 qt. slow cooker
1. Have an adult help you crack 3 eggs into a large mixing bowl.
2. Use a safety can opener to open the cans of evaporated milk. Add the 2 cups of evaporated milk to the eggs in the mixing bowl.
3. Add the cottage cheese, salt, pepper, sour cream, and cubed cooked ham to the mixing bowl. Stir well with a large wooden spoon.
4. Place 1/3 of the creamy ham mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker.
5. Layer half the uncooked noodles on top of the ham mixture. Break them if you need to to make them fit.
6. Repeat Step 4, using half the remaining creamy mixture.
7. Repeat Step 5, using all the remaining noodles.
8. Cover the noodles with the remaining creamy ham sauce. Make sure that the noodles are not sticking out of the sauce. Push them down in so they're fully covered.
9. Cover your slow cooker. Cook on Low for 5-6 hours.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a green salad or vegetable if you wish.